Looking for answers
Ask a question

A company has charged me in the wrong currency. What can I do?

The best place to start if you have been charged in the incorrect currency for goods or services is by contacting the company who you paid.

But we realise it's not always possible to resolve a dispute directly with the retailer or supplier. If you can't resolve the issue we may be able to help you and start a claim.

What we need from you

It would be really helpful if you had the following information ready before contacting us:

  • The name of the company you paid has shown on your statement
  • The date and amount of the payment you are disputing

It's worth noting that you may need to provide proof of which currency you were supposed to be charged in. For example a copy of the order confirmation, invoice or receipt.

You can have a chat with the Retail Disputes team, who are available from Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-6pm.