Ask a question

I can't afford to pay my mortgage/rent. Who can help?

In the first instance, speak to your mortgage lender or landlord to discuss your situation. It may be you could:

  • Reduce your payments for a short period of time
  • Extend your mortgage term so that your repayments are smaller and more manageable

If you are an Ulster customer, please refer to our What if I'm having trouble paying my mortgage page.

You may also want to consider contacting a non-profit debt-counselling organisation for support and advice. These organisations offer free, confidential help so there's no need to pay a debt management company to advise you. You can find out more on Where can I get Independent Financial Support?