Payments to another person or business or to your account with another bank
Anytime Internet Banking, Mobile and Telephone Banking are available 7 days a week so that you have the convenience of moving money between accounts within a few hours of sending the payment.
If you are making a payment after 6.30pm, on a weekend, or a Bank holiday, the payment will normally leave you account immediately, and be available in the recipient bank account within a few hours. The date displayed when making the payment and on your statement will be the next working day.
Outside of these exception times, the date displayed will be today, and the payment will leave your account immediately, and be available in the recipient bank within a few hours.
Points to note
- Payments and transfers that you make after 6.30pm Monday to Friday, at weekends and on Bank Holidays leave your account immediately, but the date on your screen will show as the next banking day
- Usually, Faster Payments will be received by the payee almost immediately after leaving your account, but can sometimes take up to 2 hours
- Your money can take more time to show on a credit card account
- Transactions that are unusual to the normal operation of your account will be sent after we have completed some further investigation to make sure that your payment instruction is genuine
- You can't recall or cancel a Faster Payment once you have sent it, and you would need to contact the payee and ask them to send the money back to you
Anytime Internet Banking has a maximum payment limit of £20,000.00 per day for personal and business customers. Telephone Banking has a maximum payment limit of £10,000.00. Payments made on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday will form part of the allowance for the next working day.
If you need to make a large value payment above the maximum online payment limit, you may consider making a CHAPS payment through your branch. Remember to take your debit card and proof of ID with you.
Ulster Bank Branch Locator
Find your nearest branch using our branch locator.
Transfers between your accounts
Provided that there are sufficient funds in the account that you want to transfer from then the transfer to your other online account will take place immediately, subject to the maximum amount that you can transfer. You may transfer up to £99,999.99 per transaction with a minimum limit of 1p. There is no daily maximum.
You can log in to Anytime Internet Banking at www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.co.uk.