You can make an international payment to an individual or business outside the UK from your bank account as and when it suits you.
If you already have a payee set up:
- Select 'Payments and transfers' from the left hand menu.
- Under the 'International payments' section select 'Make a Payment'.
- In the 'Who would you like to pay?' section select 'Make a repayment/pay someone I've paid before'.
- Select the payee name from the drop down list followed by 'Next'.
- In the 'How much would you like to send?' section complete the amount in either foreign currency or GBP as you prefer.
- You then choose when you want the payment to arrive and which fees you need to pay.
- Select 'Make this payment' and the date the payment is to be sent.
- Select the account you want to make the payment from.
- Select 'Next' to view the instructions you have given and then 'Confirm' to arrange for your payment to be made.
If you don't have a payee set up, find out How to set up an international payee.
Please note: In some circumstances you will be asked to use your Card-Reader before the online payment is made. These are:
- If you set the payee up through Telephone Banking and have not yet made a payment online
- If you need to change your existing message to the payee
- If you need to make a faster international payment to a country other than in Euros to EU Member States